- 1 Whole rack of lamb (6 bones)
- Olive oil to coat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tbs. Paprika
- ½ tbs. Thyme, dried
For cherry sauce:
- 20 red cherries, pitted
- 1 tbs. butter
- ½ c. red wine
- 3 Rosemary sprigs, minced
- Pinch of sugar
1. Preheat oven to Broil.
In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, Paprika, and thyme.
2. Brush the whole rack of lamb heavily with olive oil and season with the herb mixture.
3. Place rack onto lined baking sheet and place in oven for about 12 minutes; remove and let rest for 5 minutes at least.
4. While the rack bakes, cut pitted cherries in half. Place cherries in sauté pan with 1 tbs. of butter and sauté until they start to wilt.
5. Add the red wine, rosemary, and a pinch of sugar and reduce the sauce until it has a velvety consistency. The cherries should be almost completely cooked.
6. Slice the rack in 2 (3 bones each) and serve with the sauce drizzled on top and some cherries on the side.